We need your help with our Domeney Reserve Facility Extension!
The 2020 year has been a challenging year with Covid-19 pandemic preventing sporting clubs and the local community
engaging, something the Park Orchards clubs & community thrive in doing.
The POFNC (senior club) with PONRPJFC (junior club) and POCC has been undertaking a collective project for the last 10 years + to gain or build more social and change rooms space at Domeney Reserve. This major development of Domeney Reserve is finally happening, but we need your help to maximise the opportunity commencing in October, 2020.
All up the build project is approx. $1.5m and is being funded by Manningham City Council, Victorian State Govt Pick My Project funds the clubs gained and the sporting clubs POFNC, PONRPJFC and POCC making approx. $150k contribution to the funding
The Domeney Reserve building project includes the following:-
- The west wall of the social space at Domeney will be removed and extension of the room completed with wall to run in line with west wall of public toilets. This will expand the current social space from 79m2 to 154.8m2 providing well needed extra room for the social area at the cost of the clubs.
- Both change rooms will be knocked down and extended & reconfigured noting the home change room is currently only 22.5m2 with new change room 54.9m2 funded by MCC.
- The canteen, bar and kitchen areas will be upgraded by MCC with new benches, new appliances (ovens etc) and whilst the infrastructure will remain as is, the area will be upgraded.
- The clubs need to cover the cost of decking area with roof 3.4m out from social space on the ground side (subject to this funding request) to construct as part of this project. But to do so we need to raise an additional $60,000
With a completion date of early 2021 this will provide the sporting clubs and the community with a much-needed increase in social space and players with change rooms of adequate size – something for all the Park Orchards community to use and look forward to in 2021!
BUY A BRICK
We are seeking support from you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity re the build for the club & community and for you to have your support recognised permanently on the wall at Domeney.
We seek a donation / contribution of $550 ($500 + GST) as a:-
1. Payment with this application Buying-a-Brick on the wall
2. Pledging payment by 30th April, 2021 to Buy-a-Brick on the wall
If in the event funds for the deck are not raised the clubs will use the funds raised as part of our contribution towards the social rooms providing valuable support to the clubs.